Do you have what it takes to make it in the fast-growing solar industry?
We are currently offering the following career opportunities; please send us your resume and tell us why you think you’d be the perfect candidate for the job!
General instructions for sending resumes:
When faxing your resume, please send resume with a brief cover letter. If emailing, PDF format is preferred. Fax number: 877.527.7339, email resume @ thesolarco.com (remove spaces when emailing).
If you are a self-motivated and outgoing Outside Sales Representative who is great at building customer relationships and desires to work with a company that puts the customer first, join our Sales Team at The Solar Company! We are seeking confident, motivated and friendly Outside Sales Representatives to develop new business, grow new business accounts and territory and meet our sales goals. Your role with The Solar Company is a key “hunter” sales position that drives our revenue and grows our market share. We intend to double our annual revenue and this is an excellent opportunity to join our company and share in our success.
As an Outside Sales Representative with The Solar Company, you will consistently identify new sources of business, maintain high productivity and sales standards, and achieve sales quotas.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Cold-calling, door-knocking, trade shows, developing B2B partnerships
- Running solar analysis with potential clients to analyze their needs and present appropriate solutions
- Negotiating sales contracts
- Overseeing your customers’ complete process through installations
- Building solar proposals
- Following up with customers and updating our in-house CRM
As an Outside Sales Representative with The Solar Company, you must possess exceptional communication, negotiation and time management skills, and be able to follow our specific and successful sales process. Our ideal Outside Sales Representative can establish rapport with people from all walks of life, wear different hats based on each client’s needs, and is open to coaching and advice.
Additional requirements include:
- High school diploma required; Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred
- Minimum 2 years outside B2B sales experience with a track record of success
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Office Suite, CRM, and handheld devices (iPhone, etc.)
- Ability to develop sales strategies
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to pass a background check and drug test
- Bilingual skills preferred
At The Solar Company, we understand that our Sales Team works hard, so we offer an uncapped commission-only position and various sales bonuses.
As a family founded company, we understand the need for a successful work-life balance and offer a generous benefits package so you can have the quality of life you deserve. We also understand the importance of training and development, so we provide training and a quota ramp-up program to set you up for success. We greatly prefer to promote from within and offer significant opportunities for personal and professional growth. An ambitious Outside Sales Representative can go far! We are loyal to our employees and if you can add value to our company through work performance and a great attitude, we will find a niche for you at The Solar Company!
Additional benefits include:
- Major medical, vision, dental and prescription drug insurance
- Company vehicle (based on performance)
- Discounted employee purchase program
- Payroll direct deposit
Our company has been built by hard-working individuals who aren’t afraid to put their all into attaining their goals. We are proud of our employees’ performance and are interested in helping them continue progressing.
Please only apply if you meet the criteria above.
We are currently seeking apprentice Solar Installers for the following area: Sacramento
- Excellent communication skills
- Courteous and professional manner with customers
- Have a neat & professional appearance
- Have a willingness to learn & become a master at the trade
- Must be hardworking and motivated
- Must be comfortable with heights and using tools
- Must be safety conscious
- Ability to lift and move around solar equipment (30+ lbs.)
- Major medical and prescription drug insurance
- Payroll direct deposit
- Vacation and personal days
All necessary training is provided for the right individuals. Company-branded apparel is provided to employees and must be worn during work shifts, on the job site and off. The only thing we ask you to provide is your own tool belt and basic tools. Transportation in company vehicle to and from job sites is provided.
Please send us your resumes (directions at top of page) if you would like to be considered for this position.
The Solar Company is a rapidly growing company based in San Francisco’s East Bay. Our expansion is the result of happy customers and superior name recognition in the industry, including friendships with beloved local sports professional teams and individuals. ‘TSC’ is 100% naturally grown, built and operated by a nucleus of friends & family, NOT nameless investors imposing conditions on our business model. This enables us to mold our own future, doing what is best for our customers and employees.
To make going solar an effortless experience is our goal. This has immediate and long-term positive effects on our clients and the community, both financially and environmentally.
We are hiring a Structural Engineer to support our design team. The ideal candidate has a good blend of technical ability, creativity, and exceptional personal and group organizational skills.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities”
Perform structural calculations for building structures and solar mounting systems such as ballasted roof, attached roof, ground mount, and elevated canopy/carports.
- Produce required structural analysis documentation for the approval of solar permits.
- Determine and prepare wind and seismic calculations to ensure the integrity and compliance of the photovoltaic mounting systems
- Prepare and direct preparation and modification of reports, specifications, plans, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and designs for projects.
- Prepare individual, site specific project documents.
- Work with the AHJ Plan Checkers and Inspectors to address any and all questions and corrections so as to acquire an approved permit
- Work cross functionally with sales, project management and installation teams to ensure clients’ needs and internal deadlines are met
- Perform additional duties as assigned and/or directed
Experience and Qualifications:
- Active Professional Engineering License in California
- Calculation of all kinds of loads acting on a given structure (wind load, seismic load, snow load, and combinations these loads per code, etc.)
- Basic knowledge of PV systems including, modules, inverters, and the BOS (balance of system).
- Economical and cost conscious design of concrete pads, foundations, and structures (for inverter stations, switchgear pads, etc).
- Review of and coordination with solar racking system supplier, including but not limited to; racking system components, structures, and foundations.
- Familiarity with, and eventual mastery of, solar racking manufacturer’s designs and specifications.
- Expertise in local building code requirements (IBC) and live loads (wind, snow, etc.).
- Geotechnical engineering knowledge and experienced in interpreting geotechnical reports, analysis of soil-structure interaction, soil corrosion, bearing capacity, swell/settlement, expansive soil, earth pressures, pavement section design, frost heave, slope stability, underpinning, and shoring design.
- Background in steel design, concrete design, aluminum design and cold formed steel framing system analysis and design.
- Knowledge of the NEC and its specifics towards Photovoltaic Systems is a huge plus and will be given preference
- The ability to read blueprints and interpret site and roof plans, section elevation, mounting and attachment system details.
- Familiarity with commercial and residential construction.
- Strong time management skills with good attention to detail and consistent follow-up.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & Email
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to thrive and adapt in a fast paced environment
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Major medical
- Payroll direct deposit
- Vacation and personal days
Note: Mandatory drug testing and background check