Don’t you hate it when your electric bill arrives in the mail and the amount due is a whopping 200+ dollars?
Imagine having to see that bill every month for the rest of your life. We all know that the human life span has increased throughout the years and most of us will make it to their 80s if not 100+. That’s roughly 180,000 dollars spent in a lifetime granted that you’re paying on average $200/month for 75 years. Smart financial move to switch? What do you think?
That’s enough to purchase your own condo or even a home these days.
So why not switch over to a renewable resource – the sun! Although the sun makes its usual rounds across the globe nightly and disappears for half the day including on cloudy days, it never fails to come back full power.
Another advantage of solar panels is that it is a non-polluting, eco-friendly resource. We don’t need to worry about green-house emissions that cloud up our atmosphere. No CO2 emissions – yay! Take that, global warming! In fact, solar cells are probably as clean as it gets compared to other resources such as oil – a resource that is prone to spillage.
As previously mentioned in How to Maintain Your Solar Panels, the maintenance necessary to keep solar panels functioning at optimal capacity is fairly small. All they require are regular inspections for dirt and grime and of course, cleaning.
Besides saving money, befriending the environment, and requiring low maintenance, solar panels pretty much power all of our necessary appliances from refrigerator, electric stove, washer and dryer, heater, television (you can’t forget our favorite t.v. shows!) to the small devices such as our toaster, curling iron, electric razor, and sonic toothbrushes. That’s a pretty good deal, right?
Well, don’t stop reading because there’s more! Probably the best news yet — the sun essentially will last forever. As long as we have the sun, we will always have replenished energy. FREE.
- Solar panels save you money in the long-run. Long-term planning is always better than short-term planning if you can afford it or find reasonable financing for it. That extra money saved can go toward other expenses such as traveling, retirement, funds for your children’s education, that new kitchen you always wanted, or that monster big truck you’ve wanted to own for mud bogging. Whatever else that you desired could be within reach with proper financial preparedness. Sometimes, it only takes one good investment to come out on top.
- On Earth, as a collective, we are and should be responsible for the health of our environment including our own. With a clean and green resource, we can proudly say that we are not contributing to the global warming greenhouse effect.
- Maintenance is always a concern when it comes to anything we purchase. Solar panels, fortunately, require very little maintenance to function at the proper rate and capacity.
- Pretty much everything we own that’s electrically powered can be powered by the sun. Can someone hand me my phone charger? I don’t think anyone can live, figuratively speaking, without having their phone charged.
- And last, but not least, solar panels can provide energy for our entire property forever so long as our sun remains burning and unobstructed.
All in all, judging by these benefits alone, solar panels are undoubtedly the wave of the future.